How do I Find Loss Leaders?
They Won't Make it Easy on You
- They are placed in the back of the store which forces you to walk through aisle after aisle of higher priced goods.
- They don't stalk too many in order to discourage stock piling or they flat out set a limit on how many you can buy.
- They loss lead perishable goods in order to prevent stock piling
- They loss lead luxury items just to get dreamers into the store then sell them more affordable products at a higher mark up.
How do You Take Advantage of Loss Leaders
- Know your prices, if it is a few dollars off go for it, but don't waste your time if you are only saving 25 cents.
- Eff them, stalk up anyway. Do as much as you can to get as much as you can even if it means sending multiple people into the store.
- This means perishable items too; if you are really out to save money a chest freezer is a good investment for those times where items like meats are used as loss leaders
- Finally, scour the adds. Loss leaders are often competitive so you want to make sure that you are getting the best price possible.